pooched! dog boarding.
Dog boarding is used for overnight stays, which can be one night, one month, or even longer. Our service is offered 7 days a week, which provides exercise, opportunity for quality socialization with other well-socialized dogs, & so much more. Each dog is provided with their own individual luxury suite, which guest dogs often view as their own little piece of home & a place of comfort. As part of our commitment to the quality care & safety of all our clients, we require that all potential clients undergo our thorough screening process, which involves the completed of our detailed forms, answering any follow-up questions or concerns we may have — & if all looks good — a trial night to ensure it is a good fit. Our regular boarding rates are based on a 24 hour periods, beginning at the scheduled time of drop-off.
Take comfort in knowing that our facility is located on our personal property & that we’re able to be responsive to our guests individual needs. This high-level of commitment of on-site care allows us to be as attentive as possible. Safety, quality interactions, & having stress-free, happy dogs is paramount. We have been certified in pet first-aid, & are experienced in dog behaviour.
We had been operating Pooched! in-home since April 2013, & due to our overwhelming success, expanded in May 2015 to our brand-new, home-style facility which was specifically designed for dog daycare & boarding on our personal property. With plenty of fresh air, opportunity to play, exercise in a large fenced-in space, & more — We provide the ultimate home-away-from-home experience.
It is not always easy leaving your dog with someone else, & we get that! We provide personalized & informative updates via email, which include general observations or anything else we feel is relevant. For us, communication is key. It’s your dog, & you deserve the best care for them! We also post great up-to-date photos on our Facebook page as well for you social media types!
Maintaining the “home-style” boarding feel & not overcrowding is very important to us. With our low numbers & therefore personalized care, you can go away knowing your dog will receive the attention they need & deserve. We want to get to know all the little looks, quirks, & smirks your dog gives — & that only comes from having low & intimate numbers.
Our personalized boarding service provides overnight care for your pooch – think of it as a little doggy vacation or sleepover! It provides your dog with benefits such as: opportunity for socialization, mental stimulation, exercise, & attention. Whether you are business travelling, away on vacation, or just need a night out, we offer a simple solution.
Boarding your dog -or using a kennel -can be stressful on both the owner & the dog, so it is important to choose an option that best suits your needs. We are not a one-size-fits-all facility – some dogs really enjoy boarding, while others simply find it far too stressful. It depends on many variables, so we’ll help you through the process & be honest with our observations & recommendations.
Many dog boarding facilities still adopt the traditional ‘kennel’ or kennel-style operation, where dogs are in dog-runs all day long receiving very little one-on-one attention throughout their stay; however, at Pooched!, we offer a premium dog boarding experience that provides a similar balance of safety & fun of home, with added features & benefits.
In order to ensure the safety of all our clients –both human & canine – we require that all dogs go through our screening process, prior to their trial stay with us (for both boarding & daycare). This involves the completion of our forms which offers us insight on their training history, socialization, & what their needs are.
If your dog ‘passes’ this portion of our screening process, we will require a trial night stay to be scheduled based on availability. During this sleepover, your dog will be assessed as to whether it’s a good fit or not, & to observe how they interact with the other dogs in a controlled, multi-dog environment.
It’s also an opportunity for us to see how well they do during rest periods/overnight, how comfortable they are with us, how well they eat, observe what their stress-levels are, bathroom breaks, & more. We must emphasize that we are a boarding facility for well-socialized dogs &unfortunately cannot accommodate for reactive dogs who do not do well in a multi-dog environment. Nobody knows your dog better than you do, so we appreciate your honesty regarding your own dog’s personality & behavioural tendencies. Trust us, we will find out for ourselves anyway!
All our clients are required to fill out our forms as part of our screening process, & acceptance into Pooched! BUT, that’s a good thing! We really want to get to know your dog, & be as prepared as possible for their stay with us.
Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more if you’re interested in going through our screening process! Note: All trial nights must be conducted within 3 months of approval of the forms – otherwise new forms must be completed.
Although they may seem extensive to some, it is extremely important to us that you get the most out of our service as possible. We take our role very seriously in the care of your furry companion.
All dogs at Pooched! must be up-to-date on the following vaccinations :
Pooched! also requires that dogs be current on both a flea & worm prevention program, & be free of parasites. All dogs must be spayed or neutered by 6 months of age (documentation required) – Have questions? Please contact us. Female dogs in heat –or suspected to be in heat –are not permitted (contact your veterinarian for questions regarding your own dog’s health).
Some things you should consider when preparing for your dog’s stay…
*Please note: all items MUST be labelled to avoid mix-up’s!
1. Food — Meals are recommended to be pre-bagged, per serving, & labelled with your dog’s name for shorter stays (i.e. 1-3 nights), although not required. As long as things are labelled & the instructions are clear! For guests staying for longer periods, a bag of labelled dog food or sealed food container is perfectly acceptable. Please provide clear, written instructions about your dog’s feeding on our “What’s New Form” (which we would have sent you upon booking or prior to) – especially for more complicated preparations – it makes our lives easier, & ensures your pooch is getting the proper amounts!
2. Bedding — We think it’s important to provide something that smells like home & feels familiar – blankets or a comfy bed are great! It‘s preferred you choose something that is machine washable, so we can wash it if it gets dirty! If your dog cannot safely have bedding in their suite, no problem – better safe, than sorry!
3. Crate (optional) — An individual luxury suite will be provided; however crate-trained dogs sometimes prefer their own crate because it’s more familiar (which would be placed within the suite).
4. Toys/Personal Items — Please limit to (2-4) items that can be safely enjoyed without supervision, & be aware that with dogs, despite our best efforts, sometimes toys can get misplaced or destroyed! Enrichment items are especially encouraged. Bring at own risk.
5. Medications (if necessary) — Please keep all medications & supplements in the prescribed containers if possible, & make sure they are clearly labelled, & that you have completed an updated “Medication Authorization Form”.
6. Current Vaccination Certificates — If your dog has received any new/different vaccinations since you filled out our forms, please inform staff & provide copies.
7. Trim Nails/Quick-Release Collars — Please keep your dog’s nails trimmed & have your dog wearing a quick-release collar.
— Drop-off & pick-up appointments are available for booking between the hours outlined below. All appointment times & spaces are based on availability.
- Monday to Friday — 7:30am to 11:00am & 2:00pm to 4:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday — 8:00am to 10:00am & 4:00pm
- Monday to Friday — 7:30am to 11:00am & 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday — 8:00am to 10:00am & 4:00pm to 6:00pm
** No drop-off’s or pick-up’s offered on holidays. Please inquire if you have any questions! **